Situated on the banks of the Hoi An river, the Red Bridge Restaurant & Cooking school is designed to meet the growing demand from local and international travelers, for a quality Vietnamese dining experience with personal service and individual style.
Located in 2 acres of tropical surroundings, and only 2 kms from the centre of Hoi An, Red Bridge is easily reached by car, bike, cyclo or boat. The cooking school offers a daily, cooking class half-day tour that that introduces travelers to Vietnamese cuisine. Suitable for all travelers, the program is a fun and interesting way to learn about the local food. The program runs with a minimum of 2 passengers.
- We start to pick you up at 8 Am at your hotel take you to our meeting point.
- Visit Hoi An’s colourful market, and experience the amazing sights, sounds and aromas of this busy market. We will have the opportunity to interact with the local sellers and purchase some of the ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson later.
- We board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An river to the Red Bridge Cooking School. This is a chance to view local river life, so make sure your camera is handy.
- On arrival, we have a chance to explore the cooking school’s herb and vegetable garden, before learning about some of Hoi An’s and Vietnam’s well-known dishes. The cooking class is an interesting and fun way to learn about the local cuisine – the class runs for about an hour and 15 minutes, and includes demonstrations from the school’s chefs as well as the chance for us to help prepare some dishes. Included in the demonstration is a brief introduction to Vietnamese food carving (plate decoration).
- Recipes (our food contains no MSG):
- Fresh Rice Paper Rolls of Shrimp – including the making of rice paper
- Oyster Ginger Sauce
- Warm Squid Salad served in half a Pineapple
- Grilled Eggplant stuffed with Market Vegetables
- Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Hoi An pancakes (Banh Xeo)
- Lunch includes the above meals as wel as: Steamed Ocean Fish on a bed of freshly chopped vegetables (not included in the demonstration). A vegetarian lunch can be provided on request.
- Finish at approximately 1.00pm – transfer back to central Hoi An.